Sunday, July 10, 2011

✿ Top Trees For Landscaping ✿ Eye Candy for Your Yard ✿

Seasonal Picks

First let me say this is my opinion, and know there are several other nice trees out there.  I am dividing these up by what season they they seem to really add value to your property.  Also I live in Missouri, the trees are typical to this area - but have a wide growth area over a majority of the U.S.

Pink and White Dogwoods
Summer

Dogwood - this is one of my overall favorite trees - it actually hits many season, flowers in the spring, has interesting growth patterns, is a smaller tree, and has nice fall colors. 

Japanese Maples - These can add great color to your lawn, Bloodgoods have nice leaves and is one of the hardiest of the Japanese Maples and typically still smaller then their American brothers is on of the taller Japanese Maples.

Maple in the Fall
Fall

Maples - This is the season where Maples really show off and there are a variety of colors available.  The bonus of a maple is there broad leaves are great shade providers.

Winter

Winter is ruled by the Coniferous group, Pines and spruces, a personal favorite is a nice deep Blue Spruce, and these are not just for Winter, they look nice against a green background as well.  Plus they give you something to decorate at Christmas.

Spring

This dominated by the flowering gang...

Redbuds - Beautiful pink flowers, a unique reddish bark, and the flowers give way to big broad heart shaped leaves.

Crabapples - Come in a variety of colors, usually white, pink, and red. 
Blue Spruce

Magnolia - Magnolia trees are among the showiest flowering landscape trees.

My goal in my yard is to have year round beauty, so I have a few of each of these in my landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment