Saturday, November 27, 2010

Landscape Deals

There is not much time - but even here in the St. Louis area there are still deals to be found and additions to your yard are available.

I am notorious for waiting to add items to my gardens until the season ends.  Right now, although slim pickings there are bushes at my local Lowes for 50 cents.  This year I picked up a beautiful weeping cherry for $7.50.  I also picked up some small pines for 83 cents, and donated some trees to neighbors. 

/make sure you get them in the ground right away.  I picked up a bag of mulch and covered the soil around them for added insulation.  If you are not sure where to put some of your great buys, like the 4 Japanese Maples I bought from Sears at $2 a piece, put them in a garden nice and deep so they can winter, then find them a good home on Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment