Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Stock Up! Save $!

The Time is Now!!!

This week is your time to stock up on decorations for next year.  Most of my decorations at my home were a year old before I used them, but they were also up to 90% off! 

Shopping Burnout!

I know you are burnt out with shopping, but this is actually one of the best weeks to do it, for many reasons - aggressive sales, and Holiday closeouts!

Places like Target, Michaels, Home Depot, Lowes, Walgreens, they get really aggressive on clearing out the Christmas decorations.  One trick I have learned, since there are a billion Walgreens - I have found the two I live between, that one is considerably less frequented and therefore more things in stock.

It is true the longer they have the stuff the cheaper they get, but the selection also thins out - check out their clearance items, if it seems like a good deal to you - get it!

Last year I found a great deal on white spiral Christmas trees at Michaels.  If you send a lot of cards during the Holidays, as long as you don't mind storing them, you can stock up on these as well.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a lighted xmas tree 50% off a few years ago at Michael's! We normally like to chop our own tree, but if we have to travel one year or don't want the extra expense (like this year), we pull the "Michael's tree out of the basement".

    ReplyDelete